Systems (BMS) from
Lighting to Energy
Ask us about Building Management
BMS integrated products we offer!
Taking much of the responsibility of maintaining a building’s electrical and mechanical systems out of the hands of human users, Building Management Systems (BMS) allow such equipment as lighting, fire and security devices, ventilation and power systems to be regulated through computerised control.
Building Management System Protocols We Support
Here at SDUK, we have a wide range of BMS-friendly products to complement existing and new systems, since our hardware is compatible with a number of BMS protocols, which include:
- Modbus Serial (RS232/RS422/RS485 RTU and ASCII)
- Modbus TCP
- Internet Protocols such as SMTP, SNMP, FTP, etc.
Several of the suppliers with which we work have products geared towards BMS suitability, and here are some examples:
- Energy Monitoring Unit (EMU) is a great tool for implementing energy data in real time to such packages as SQL, SCADA, cloud storage and all modern web browsers, whether individually or as part of a BMS system
- Modbus RTU and TCP, digital and analogue I/O devices are ideal for integrating I/O signals into a BMS
- Media converters such as our STM-501C, which enable Modbus Serial devices to communicate over a building management systems Ethernet network
- Data concentrators like our SNAP-PAC-S range of industrial programmable automation controllers enable connection to multiple disparity systems and provide that data to a central BMS
- Media connectivity, whether you need serial converters, Ethernet switches, wireless communications or fibre communications, we offer an industrial hardened range of suitable and inter-connectable hardware solutions
- Energy meters and current transformers, which provide power, voltage, current and energy usage via Modbus RS485 RTU
- Remote I/O devices that allow your BMS to control your buildings environment with ease company has a BMS system in place – or is looking to use electricity more
If your resourcefully by looking towards controlling it through automation – get in touch with SDUK today to find out more about how our range of products can lead to a smooth switchover, or increased efficiency, within your existing BMS implementation.